From the Seminole Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors & Staff!
Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark announced voters now have the choice to receive sample ballots for countywide elections by e-mail, rather than regular mail.
For questions, call (727)464-VOTE (8683)
Additionally, the Seminole Chamber has hard copy voter registration forms available at our office. Please stop by.
Attention shutter-bugs, this one's for you!
Taxation and E-Fairness
For more information on the Marketplace Fairness Act, go to
For a report card of the Florida Legsilative Session go to
Florida Supports Mississippi seeking to ward off flood insurance rate hikes - click on link to read article in Tampa Bay Times
MAJOR FLOOD CHANGES RESULTING FROM THE:
BIGGERT-WATERS FLOOD INSURANCE REFORM ACT OF 2012
- 25% annual increases (four years min) for Pre-Firm (Built prior to 12/31/74) non-primary (non- principal) residences, business properties and severe repetitive loss properties in Special Flood Hazard Areas. First increase was effective 1/1/2013.
- Effective 10/1/2013 Pre-Firm Properties not insured by NFIP as of 7/6/2012 OR purchased after July 6th, 2012 in Special Flood Hazard Areas will be subject to full risk rating and will require elevation certificates and photos. Premiums for these properties could increase 3-5 times. The US House of Reps recently passed (6/13) an amendment delaying this portion of the act for one year. The Senate has yet to respond.
- Over 50,000 homes will be affected in Pinellas County. (Highest in U.S.)
Primary residences in Special Flood Hazard Areas (Lender required flood zones) will be able to keep their subsidized rates unless or until:
* The property is sold * The policy lapses
* You suffer severe, repeated, flood loses or * A new policy is purchased
For more information : www.fema.gov/flood-insurance-reform-act-2012
Join us for the Women's Leadership Council - a powerhouse of professionals coming together monthly to learn from each other and share ideas.
Next event is Thursday, Dec. 12, 8 a.m. at the Chamber: There will be a "pot luck" holiday breakfast as we brainstorm about projects for 2014. All are welcome!
SHRED-A-THON: New Date - Saturday, Dec. 14 ~ 9-11 AM
SPONSORED BY SUMMIT ADVISORS LLC